by Mike Sanders email@example.com
The Natural Bridge Volunteer Fire Department is Station 11 in Rockbridge County and is located just off of Interstate 81 and very close to the â€œNatural Bridgeâ€. The Natural Bridge is 215 feet tall and 90 feet wide and has been designated a National and Virginia historical landmark. It was surveyed by George Washington and once owned by Thomas Jefferson.
Established in 1991, the all volunteer staff at Natural Bridge operates a variety of fire apparatus. Engine 1101 is a 1997 Freightliner FL80 built by Pierce complete with a 1250 gallon per minute pump and carries 1000 gallons of water. Tanker 11 is a 2003 Freightliner FL 80 model that was built by Deep South with a 2000 gallon water tank and a 500 gallon per minute pump. Attack 11 is a versatile 2002 Ford F550 built by Chiefâ€™s Fire and Rescue and later rehabbed by M&W after an accident. It is equipped with a 400 gallon per minute pump, and holds 400 gallons of water.
Two older Fairfax County, Virginia fire trucks found a second home at Natural Bridge. Engine 1102 is a 1989 Emergency One Hush that was donated to the department by Springfield, Virginia. Originally painted white with a red stripe, Natural Bridge changed the red stripe to a blue stripe. It is equipped with a 1500 gallon per minute pump and holds 500 gallons of water. Jeep 11 is a red 1979 AMC Jeep with an 80 gallon water tank that was once painted yellow and operated by the Franconia Volunteer Fire Department.
Natural Bridge also operates Rescue 1100 and 11-1, 2006 and 1998 Chevrolet Suburbanâ€™s. The Suburbanâ€™s also tow Gator 11, a 2005 John Deere. The fire department provides first responder service but does not operate an ambulance. Ambulance service is provided by the Glasgow Life Saving and First Aid Crew, which operates a substation near the Natural Bridge landmark. The substation is an old gas station that is used to house several EMS units.
Comment using Facebook here or comment the old fashioned way below
Powered by Facebook Comments