House Fire In Caroline County

From the Caroline County Department of Fire & Rescue:
Caroline, Virginia – The Caroline County Department of Fire-Rescue responded to a structure fire at 1002 Swan Lane early Friday evening (April 20, 2012). The call was dispatched at 4:50 PM and units from Ladysmith, Frog Level, Bowling Green and Upper Caroline responded. The first unit arrived five minutes later to find smoke coming from the front door of the two story single family dwelling. It took firefighters approximately 17 minutes to bring the fire under control. The fire was determined to be accidental.
The residence was occupied by three children at the time of the fire. Due to the early discovery of an emergency by the children and the quick response by Caroline County Fire Rescue career and volunteer staff, the damage to the home was primarily confined to the room of origin. The structure was deemed unsafe until repairs can be made and inspected. The Red Cross responded to assist the one adult and three children that were displaced.
This incident is a prime example of how early detection by occupants and quick response by firefighters can significantly reduce the damage to a residence by fire. County residents are reminded to ensure that they have working smoke detectors in their residences at all times. Batteries should be changed twice annually. It is recommended that batteries be changed along with your clocks at the observance of daylight savings time.
For more information, contact the office of Fire-Rescue & Emergency Management at (804) 633-9831.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Comment using Facebook here or comment the old fashioned way below

Facebook Comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

There are no comments yet, be the first.

Leave a Comment