â€œFairfax County, Virginia:Â 80 Years of Fire Apparatus History 1923-2003â€
By Pete West and Mike Sanders
Virginiaâ€™s largest fire department has an interesting fire apparatus history.Â Loaded with photographs of engines, ladder trucks, rescue squads, ambulances, and numerous support vehicles, â€œFairfax County, Virginia â€“ 80 Years of Fire Apparatus History 1923-2003â€ is a pictorial history book of the apparatus purchased by both the Volunteer and County owned fire stations from the early 1920â€™s through 2003.
- Engines â€“ or â€œWagonsâ€ as they were once called.Â Numerous manufacturers.
- Aerial Ladders â€“ includes rearmounts, midships, tillers, and towers.
- Squads â€“ light squads, medium squads, to todayâ€™s heavy squads.
- Ambulances – See photographs from the early years to todayâ€™s monster medics.
- The Unusual â€“ foam units, light and air trucks, brush trucks, tankers, technical rescue, etc.
Price – Â $20 plus $4 shipping (Total $24).Â Contact Mike Sanders at email@example.com for additional information on ordering.
Comment using Facebook here or comment the old fashioned way below
Powered by Facebook Comments